Basil-chia Scrambled Eggs With Wilted Spinach
This recipe gives a twist to your regular scrambled eggs. The addition of the spinach and basil adds taste and nutrients to your first meal of the day.
|Preparation Time:||10 minutes|
|Cooking Time:||10 minutes|
|Total Time:||20 minutes|
|Black pepper||As per taste|
|Salt||As per taste|
|Whole wheat bread (toasted)||2 slices 50gm|
method of preparation
1. Heat 1 tsp. of oil in a large non-stick frying pan, add the tomato and cook. While the tomato is being cooked, beat the eggs in a bowl with yoghurt, water, basil, black pepper and salt.
2. Place the tomato on the serving plate.
3. Wash, drain and place the spinach in a closed lid pan and simmer for approximately 2 to 3 minutes. Let it shrink, stirring a few times while you cook the eggs.
4. Heat the rest of the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat, pour the egg mixture and stir occasionally until scrambled and just set. Spread the spinach onto the plate and top it up with the scrambled eggs.
5. Sprinkle roasted chia seeds on top.
6. Serve with toasts!
*Nutrition values represented here are only approximate values based on theoretical calculations