This chicken pasta loads you with rich carbs in preparation to set you off soaring for your race day. The whole wheat pasta with complex carbs is slowly absorbed by the body. Thus, helps you get a steady supply of energy during your run and chicken will add those protein to save you from muscle fatigue.
|Preparation Time:||10 minutes|
|Cooking Time:||15 minutes|
|Total Time:||25 minutes|
|Durum wheat pasta||50 gm|
|Chicken breast(skinless, sliced thinly)||30gm|
|Tomato (chopped finely)||50gm|
|Onion (sliced thinly)||50gm|
|Garlic (crushed)||3 cloves|
|Capsicum (sliced thinly)||20gm|
|Mixed herbs(oregano and chilli flakes)||As per taste|
|Salt||As per taste|
|Basil leaves (to garnish)||A few sprigs|
method of preparation
1. Boil the pasta with a pinch of salt.
2. When the pasta is “al dente” (almost done), wash in cold water.
3. Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the onions and garlic until light brown.
4. Add the chopped tomato and cook the mixture till it becomes gravy-like.
5. Add the capsicum and stir for a minute.
6. Season with the salt and mixed herbs.
7. Add chicken and cook until aromatic.
8. Stir the pasta into the pan and mix well.
9. Garnish with basil leaves and serve hot.
*Nutrition values represented here are only approximate values based on theoretical calculations